Thursday 14 November 2013

Random Poems

  • Why would I be afraid of you?
    For not even you can kill my soul;
    Not even you.
    The more you try,
    The more I live.
    The more you die,
    because you try - too hard.

                                                                               ***

  • Ashes to Ashes
  • It wasn't love.
    Love would have lasted.
    It was like the flower,
    that bloomed in spring.
    Smelled like heaven;
    and fell dead on earth.
  • Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
                                                        ***

Lost Love 

The smile. It was for you;
Now, the eyes don't laugh.
The nose misses the smell
that the tongue had tasted.
Ears long to hear,
My name on your lips.
Fingers, throat, the corner of the eye...
each lies frozen waiting to be woken up.

                                                      ***

Sleep says, 'kiss me';
Eyes flutter shut.
Dreams are you & me,
Fingers ache to touch;
Nose smells of cinnamon & cloves.
and love.

                                                      ***

"You can't read the eyes..."
"You don't let me say what I want to tell you..."
Yes, I know...



                                                       ***


  • The shy smile, the eyes... They tell a story all yours; Yours and mine. Is it ours?
                                                     ***

Trust has an issue;
Do we or don't we?
Head says, "Don't"
Heart wonders. "Why?" 


                                                                               ***


Tears for my fears, falling to my heart;
The light enters through the crack in the wall;
Tears that turn to ice and scald my cheeks;
I don't cry.

                                                                            ***

The shards, they pierce my heart;
My blood. cold and congealed,
refuses to gush out and yet, I bleed.
Blood. Red and dark, like wine in a warm jar;
I can touch it.
It's icy. It knows. It feels. It hurts.
But, I don't cry.

                                                                         ***

Love says, come to me;
I see eyes full of pain.
I retreat.
Don't call me a coward.
I tried.

                                                                        ***

Love says, feel me;
Life says, live me;
Eyes hurt and arms ache;
I live in a prison that I want to break.

                                                                        ***

Love or Lust? 
Perhaps a bit of both.
It's like fire in the vein.
Unstoppable and scary as hell.
The choice - Hobson's!
None without the other.

                                                                      ***

Khwab mein gar sachchai hoti toh rooh kissi aarzoo ki mohtaj na hoti;

Gar kwaishye sab poori hotein, toh khwabon ki koyi zaroorat nah hoti...


~ Shoma 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and commenting. Please come back for more.