Friday 18 October 2013

The T-Shirt

Today, I wore the T-shirt you cast aside that day when it'd rained.
It was slightly crumpled and had a burnt hole on the right sleeve.
It smelled of damp and you - just like our embrace that day;
I inhaled deeply as I pulled it over my head.

I felt enveloped - in you.
Closing my eyes it was us.
You, me and our tight little world.
There was hardly any space to breathe.

I inhaled deeply, the smell of the cigarette we had shared;
It made me feel lightheaded, almost drunk.
I rubbed the sleeves against my face,
It scratched me like yours against mine first thing every morning.

It felt good,
Like it had felt those early days.
When you and I were us;
Not, like now when all I have is your T-shirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and commenting. Please come back for more.